Silver Maple Leaf coins
From Silver Bullion Bars, Ingots, Coins and Rounds. Junk Silver Prices
About Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins
The Canadian Leaf coin is a bullion coin minted annually by the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) since 1988. These Leaf coins are now among most popular members of the Canadian Maple Leaf family of bullion coins that consists also Gold, Platinum and Palladium Maple Leaf coins.
The Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin contains one troy ounce of fine .9999 fine silver, making it the purest 1-oz silver coin produced by any government mint anywhere in the world.
The Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin is a legal tender coin with a face value of five Canadian dollars, the highest face value of any one-ounce government-minted silver bullion coin.
Silver Canadian Maple Leaf coins annually have the lowest mintages of all North American silver coins.
1-oz Maple Leaf coins are also produced by the Royal Canadian Mint in gold, platinum and palladium.
Design of Maple Leaf Canadian Silver coins
The Maple Leaf Canadian Silver coin measures 38mm in diameter and is 2.87mm thick. The obverse of the Silver Maple Leaf coin features an image of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, inscriptions "Elizabeth II", the legal tender face value "5 Dollars" and the date, the reverse features the widely-recognized image of Canada's national symbol, the maple leaf, inscriptions "Canada", "9999 Fine Silver", "9999 Argent Pur", and "1 oz".
Annual variations for the coin in past have included a coloured maple leaf (with a design different from the regular maple leaf), holographic enhancements and several differing designs. The one universal element in all silver maple leaf coins is the phrase "Fine Silver 1 oz Argent Pur" along the bottom of the obverse of the Canadian coin.
Three head images of Queen Elizabeth II were issued, ranging from a young to an older version of the Queen.
Specifications of Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins
Coin Diameter: 38mm
Coin Thickness: 2.87mm
Coin Weight: 31.104g
Silver Purity: .9999
First Released: 1988
Legal Tender Face Value: CAD$5
Mint: Royal Canadian Mint
Three head images of Queen were issued, ranging from a young to an older version of the Queen Elizabeth II.
In 1998, a 10 oz version of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin was minted to honor the coin’s 10th anniversary.
Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins benefits:
- the Canadian Maple Leaf silver coin is the finest silver bullion coin in the world with 99.99% percent fine silver purity.
- the Maple Leaf silver coin is one of the most recognizable silver coins in the world.
- the Silver Maple Leaf coins are .9999 fine silver and acceptable for your precious metal IRA.
- the Silver Maple Leaf coin is backed by the Canadian Government and stored in efficient stackable cases of 500 1-oz coins - 20 tubes with 25 1-oz coins in each tubes.
- the Silver Maple Leafs are highly coveted silver investment vehicle - the coins are both highly liquid and recognizable.
- the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin has its .9999 purity and 1 oz weight displayed on the coin in English making the silver Maple Leaf coin great for a currency crisis hedge or for emergency coinage.
- the Silver Maple Leafs are exempt from IRS 1099B brokerage reporting which makes the silver Maple Leaf one of the most private investments today.
- the Silver Maple Leaf coins are legal tender in Canada with a face value of 5 Canadian dollars. They are traded based on the market rate for silver.
Buying Maple Leaf coins
It is not hard to find and buy Canadian Maple coins. You can buy these coins at your local silver and gold dealers, at coin shops or online.
Buying online is the easiest and cheapest way of buying Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins. Register at Ebay and start browsing the offers. There are plenty of sellers who sell Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins. Select the sellers who offer the coins with the lowest markup over spot silver price and the lowest shipping costs. Buy only from reputable and well-known sellers with high feedback (100%).
Storing Silver Maple Leaf coins
Canadian Maple Leaf coins are stored in efficient stackable cases of 500, - 20 tubes with 25 silver coins in each tube. Case for these coins has dimensions 25 cm long X 20 cm wide X 12 cm deep and weight 16 kg.
Mintage of Canadian Silver Maple Leaf Coins
The overall mintages for Canadian Maple silver coins varied for each year based on investors demand. Some years have particularly high mintages such as the first three years of issue, driven by demand for the new silver bullion coin.
1988 - 1,062,000
1989 - 3,332,200
1990 - 1,708,800
1991 - 644,300
1992 - 343,800
1993 - 1,133,900
1994 - 889,946
1995 - 326,244
1996 - 250,445
1997 - 100,970
1998 - 591,359
1999, 1999-2000 - 1,229,442
2000 - 403,652
2001 - 398,563
2002 - 576,196
2003 - 684,750
2004 - 680,925
2005 - 955,694
2006 - 2,464,727
2007 - 3,526,052
Mintage of Coloured Silver Maple Leafs
2001 - 49,709
2002 - 29,509
2003 - 29,416
2004 - 26,848
2005 - 27,000
2006 - 20,000
2007 - 20,000
Mintage of Hologram Silver Maple Leafs
2001 - 29,817
2003 - 28,947
2003 - 29,731
2005 - 25,000